Changing the print cartridge
1. Open the print cartridge door, and remove the old print cartridge. See the recycling
information inside the print cartridge box.
To prevent damage, do not expose the print cartridge to light. Cover it with a piece of paper.
2. Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging.
3. Bend the tab on the left side of the cartridge to break it loose.
4. Pull the tab until all the tape is removed from the cartridge. Put the tab in the print
cartridge box to return for recycling.
Using HP print cartridges
5. Gently rock the toner cartridge from front to back to distribute the toner evenly inside the
6. Insert the print cartridge in the printer, making sure that the print cartridge is in position.
Close the print cartridge door.
If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water.
Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
Appendix D HP parts and accessories