Print cartridge area
To clear a jam in the print cartridge area, perform the following steps:
Do not use sharp objects, such as tweezers or needlenose pliers, to remove jams. Damage
caused by sharp objects will not be covered by the warranty.
1. Open the print cartridge door, and remove the print cartridge.
To prevent damage to the print cartridge, minimize its exposure to direct light.
Chapter 6 Problemsolving
2. Open the straight-through output door.
3. Rotate the green pressure release levers downward.
4. With both hands, grasp the side of the media that is most visible (this includes the
middle), and carefully pull it free from the printer.
5. Replace the print cartridge, and close the print cartridge door.